Monday, October 29, 2007

A Plea from an Exiled Los Angeles Sports Fan

Dear Boston Fans,

It looks like our fates our inversely related at this point. My Angels flutter out of the first round your Red Sox win the world series, making it back to back for times they've won the world series while I've been abroad. Our respective football teams are both undefeated, as in the Patriots haven't lost and LA doesn't have a team (although my jags are stumbling to stay in contention). My Lakers are in shambles behind the latest Kobe mood swing (also eerily similar to last time I was abroad and the Lakers traded Shaq) while your Celtics have the new big three. My sporting enthusiasm is at an all time low, i can only hope for a brighter light at the end of the tunnel. Everytime I leave home the sporting franchises of Southern California amazingly wither away. My final plea, Kobe please stay and we'll surround you with the talent necessary to win a title. I can't watch the Lakers trade the greatest player touching a basketball for a shooting guard shorter than me, and two more big men who just aren't quite good enough, with a swing man who has yet to emerge as anything more than a role player.

Sincerely,
Exiled LA Sport Fan

1 comment:

Mariko said...

Keep your head up.. When you get home, we'll go to a USC game and watch Lil Romeo throw lobs to OJ Mayo. =]