Monday, August 13, 2007

Alarm Clocks and Cell Phones

Ok so my Samsung cell phone has taken its annual or should we qualify that to say semi-annual Peter McNeely dive (its crazy to think his bout with Tyson was in '95- I'm getting old). Why cell phones break after about 6 months of use is beyond me. I mean my first Motorola "peanut" phone worked for about two years until I got tired of paying pre-pay, which as a sidenote was 6 years ago and still cheaper at that time then the cost of a cell phone plan currently in New Zealand. Don't believe me, lets just say that my current prepay plan is at $1.21 a minute and that is to people in my Vodafone network. But lets not talk about the market failure of cell phones service here in New Zealand and get to the big issue with my phone not working.

I HAVE NO ALARM CLOCK. Its not a problem that I can't call anyone, I couldn't afford to do that anyways, I can get by without texting, but the fact that I can't use my alarm clock hurts. I've spent 15 minutes trying to come to a solution. For a real time play by play read the conversation that appears below:

p.s. If you happen to be reading this at about 1 p.m. pacific standard time on Monday 13th of August 2007, go ahead and give me a call on my Vonage, just to make sure my new alarm clock I downloaded off the internet worked.

p.s. #2 Why don't computers come with alarm clocks anyways, you tellin me that doesnt fit I can have something that colors the covers of CDs but not an alarm? I guess I'm just tired and confused.

me: you wanna here some funny stuff

my cell phone

's buttons are broke so I cant text message talk or even set my alarm so I have to wait for my computer to download an alarm clock program just so i can wake up in the morning

Simbarashe: HAHAHAHAH!!!!!

me: i dont know whether to be upset or just laugh at myself

it really has taken me about 15 minutes from the time of realizing my problem to tryin to solve it

Simbarashe: I think laugh at yourself man,this is some funny stuff.

Sent at 11:16 PM on Monday

Simbarashe: 15 mins...dawg are you stayin in a dorm

Sent at 11:17 PM on Monday

me: yeah

ok i think it works, i hope it does

Simbarashe: Can't someone wake you up?

me: im to lazy to go up to my friends room and ask

noones online

my best bet would be someone in the US cuz they could call me

on that vonage line

Simbarashe: I like that someone 10000 miles away will call you to wake you up.Now thats funny!

me: haha who says technology makes things easier

Simbarashe: For real!

me: if i had a clock wit a crank id be asleep right now

Sent at 11:28 PM on Monday

1 comment:

Miles McKenna said...

brother evi- went through the same dilemma my man. my solution was this: au naturale. i just opened up the blinds and woke up by the sun every morning at the crack of dawn. i rolled that way for a week until i heisted a buddies alarm while he was out of town. in taiwan they only sold clocks that ran off batteries and i could never ante up to buy one of those p.o.s. so... good luck. p.s. check out jay electronica off e.badu's new label