Monday, August 13, 2007

Global Justice

I will be analyzing the argument of David Miller, "Against Global Egalitarianism" and I've realized the idea of ethics, justice, oppression and representation are where my passions lie as an academic. Often people give me the standard line about philosophy being boring or impractical, but to me its simply thinking things out. I jotted down a note to myself regarding philosophy and I think it captures what I mean in the previous sentence.

In philosophy we take on complex problems and only accept simple answers.

In unpacking this statement ideas of what we are obligated to do by virtue of our abilities to reason are what underly our attempts to lead fulfilling promising lifes. Ok I'm getting to abstract at the moment, but after I do this presentation and write this paper I'll make sure to post some clearer thoughts.

Its late and I need to sleep.

Shot out to the world, I got mad love for you.

No comments: