Saturday, May 19, 2007

Twenty Three

I must say this birthday was markedly different from any I’ve had before. I began the day excited, just like wow I’m 23. Watched the Spurs beat the Suns, who I surprisingly rooted for because they were the lesser of two evils. GO UTAH! Played a little basketball, seriously one game up to 7 and I was already tired.


It’s just that this birthday I wasn’t with the people from home, my family and my friends. I’m not one to celebrate a birthday; to me it more or less feels the same as any other day.

My friends here threw me an excellent surprise as we dressed up and had a nice dinner at a tapas restaurant. Then we proceeded to Minus 5 an ice bar. I must admit it’s a novel experience and since it was free not half bad. We ended the night playing pool and listening to music and that’s all I can really ask for. Thank you to the friends I’ve made here in New Zealand, it was great to know I was appreciated, and better to share your company. HOLLA

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just finished reading about your Birthday. I find myself thinking about how I miss you,but then i started thinking about the news on the radio coming to work.Iknow Iam going to see you again but the parents of a 20 year from Torrance are not going to see their son again.He was 1 of 3 soldiers missing in Iraq. He was found dead . I love you Evan ......I cant stop crying ..............take care..Dad.